The Split Market Tour & Home Cooking Class includes:
- Pickup at meeting point or accommodation by your local guide and host
- Walking tour of the fish market, introduction to history of seafood cuisine
- Walking tour of the green market, visits to vendors, casual tastings
- Visits to local artisan producers (bread, chocolate, liquors, olive oils, honey) with casual tasting along the way
- Transfer to the hosts apartment in residential Split
- Home cooking class, and lunch with wine from local winery
approx 3 hours
90 euros per person with cooking class and lunch
Payment: Advance card payment or cash on site
Book this excursion
More about this excursion
Walking tours in Split are culture and history-oriented. It’s a 1700-year-old town for crying out loud! However, there is a part of history and culture in Split that is difficult to experience by accident or through a large group tour. Gastronomic pleasures are hidden and kept a secret, as part of the tradition and passed along through generations.
Let us take you on a journey of Croatian, and specifically Dalmatian, food and wine. Visit the green market called Pazar, fish market, a local butcher, cheese and prosciutto producers, wine shops and chocolate producers with your private guide. Learn the stories and myths about the ancient recipes still being prepared in Split. After the walking tour, you will head to your hosts apartment for a true local experience.
Recipes and vendors will change as season dictates; we will use only the freshest seasonal ingredients in our cooking class.
Split is a Dalmatian metropolis, with a history, culture, gastronomy and lifestyle so diverse and unique that you could think that you’re visiting a 2 million people city rather than a 200,000 one.