The Split Market Tour & Cooking Class includes:
- Pickup at meeting point or accommodation
- Walking tour of the fish market, introduction to important history and produce
- Walking tour of the green market, visits to vendors, casual tastings
- Visits to local artisan producers (bread, chocolate, liquors, olive oils, honey) with casual tasting along the way
- Transfer to the cooking class site (local ecotourism estate or winery, depending on availabilty)
- Hands on cooking class, and lunch with wine from local winery
140 euros per person with cooking class and lunch
approx 5 hours
Book this excursion
More about this excursion
Walking tours in Split are culture and history-oriented. It’s a 1700-year-old town for crying out loud! However, there is a part of history and culture in Split that is difficult to experience by accident or through a large group tour. Gastronomic pleasures are hidden and kept a secret, as part of the tradition and passed along through generations.
Let us take you on a journey of Croatian, and specifically Dalmatian, food and wine. Visit the green market called Pazar, fish market, a local butcher, cheese and prosciutto producers, wine shops and chocolate producers with your private guide. Learn the stories and myths about the ancient recipes still being prepared in Split. After the walking tour, we’ll drive to a local ecotourism estates to enjoy a private and personal cooking class with your guide and chef.
Recipes and vendors will change as season dictates; we will use only the freshest seasonal ingredients in our cooking class.
Split is a Dalmatian metropolis, with a history, culture, gastronomy and lifestyle so diverse and unique that you could think that you’re visiting a 2 million people city rather than a 200,000 one.