The Olive Oil Tour includes:
- Pickup at accommodation
- Transfer to local olive grove and vineyard
- Introduction to history and tradition of olive oil production in Croatia
- Presentation of 4 different olive oil styles (virgin, extra virgin, varietal, blend)
- Tasting 4-5 specialty olive oils (truffle, rosemary, sage…)
- Lesson in tasting olive oils
- Picnic with oils, finger food pairing(cheeses, proscuitto..) and wine
- Visit to oldest olive tree in region (1500 years) and visit to Biblical Gardens
- Lunch with local wine, homemade bread, olive oil
Meeting point: Accommodation or other upon request
Departure time: Flexible, upon request
80 euros per person
Book this experience
More about the tour
Dalmatia’s hinterland is a place of rich cultural tradition and legend. Tight knit villages where family, hard work, dedication and a passion for food and wine are essential parts of life. In ways similar to the bucolic villages throughout Burgundy, small family estates scattered through the Dalmatian hinterland produce amazing and mysterious olive oils from indigenous varietals.
On this tour we take you through villages of Kaštela to visit some of the oldest olive groves in Croatia and taste a span of different varietal olive oils along with blend and aroma infused olive oils. In addition you will learn to distinguish fake from real extra virgin olive oil and what is the proper technique of tasting.
Finger food pairings and a refreshing bottle of rose wine from the area await at a finishing picnic.
End of the tour takes you to a 700 year old (still operational) watermill and will give you an opportunity to learn about old school production of flour and oil. On the site we will have lunch of either meat or fish based local specialties (veal or trout).