Olive Oil & Wine Tasting Lunch includes:
- Presentation of local tradition of making flour on river powered 700 year old watermill
- Local aperitifs (grappa or similar)
- Tasting of three styles of local extra virgin olive oil
- Tasting of three local wines
- Traditional lunch at the riverbank (Veal peka or organic trout) with homemade bread, salad, wine
- Hosted by local food and wine expert
Meeting point: Watermill on the outskirts of Split , private transfer available round trip for extra fee
Start time: approx 1.30 PM
70 euros per person
Book this experience
More about the tour
Dalmatia’s hinterland is a place of rich cultural tradition and legend. Tight knit villages where family, hard work, dedication and a passion for food and wine are essential parts of life. In ways similar to the bucolic villages throughout Burgundy, small family estates scattered through the Dalmatian hinterland produce amazing and mysterious olive oils from indigenous varietals.
The tour takes you to a 700 year old (still operational) watermill and will give you an opportunity to learn about old school production of flour and oil. On the site we will have lunch of either meat or fish based local specialties (veal or trout) as well as tasting of some of the best local wines and olive oils.