Croatia can sometimes be frustrating. Various traditions are set in stone harder then the Excalibur. Olive oil is a victim of one of those set in stone ways. It has been relegated to a role of complementing sea food and even the most basic variations are meet with disapproval.
However, tourism had it’s way with people in Dalmatia and tides are changing. They’ll even let you dip some nice bread in their olive oil. Score. Or Not.
In our infinite quest for different flavors, and pissing of traditionalist, we went for it and splashed olive oil on some walnut ice cream.
Western civilization will think of it as a “passe” play but for Dalmatian standards this can be as revolutionizing as the light bulb. Or Not. It’s just delicious.
And we like the look on the olive oil producers face every time we do this. Priceless.
– Go to nearest supermarket
– Say Hello to the cute girl/boy that’s doing cleanup on aisle 7
– Pick you favorite ice cream
– Go to gourmet department and pick a nice Mediterranean olive oil, fresh and fruity
– Invite cute girl/guy on date and dazzle them with your foodie chops